10-17-2017, 03:52 PM   #10
bobert
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: manual shift cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
Not sure why paying cash is a factor at all, from the dealers perspective it doesn't matter. Getting a Euro Delivery allocation for an M2 is pretty tough and not very likely in the So Cal area because the supply is still very tight there and dealers don't have much incentive to help out. I suggest getting on the phone with out of state dealers like AZ, NV etc. As far as waiting to see what the market looks like in a few months, I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. The M2 has been in production and for sale in the U.S. since April of 2016 and the supply is still tight in most markets as witnessed by dealers still getting MSRP or in some cases even more than MSRP. I don't see anything changing in the next 6-12 months that would loosen up that supply. It is clear BMW has found a sweet spot on supply that makes sure dealers don't have a bunch of cars sitting on their lots depreciating. If you want an M2 the best thing to do is make a ton of phone calls, you will absolutely find an allocation but expect to pay MSRP or very close to it.
So true... My original CA was in Cali (used to be here in MD 5 yrs ago) and when I first contacted him in Jan about doing M2 ED in Oct, he said we'd be fine since I contacted him just early enough. Come June, when third quarter allocations were released, we were apparently NOT fine as far as an allocation and he disappeared. I got a tip on this website for an available allocation in TX only 48 hours later and I got lucky the dealer in TX was willing to do ED for the ED MSRP. Folks on this site often post available allocations on here to help each other out, and those that are posted are usually quickly spoken for.