Rep
Drives: GTI | 982 4.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS_BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmall143
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
I don't understand the mentality of all those that are into leasing. It's like so many people in this thread have no idea that you can actually PURCHASE a car rather than lease it.

I guess that's why everyone's head is exploding and they can't wrap their head around the fact that BMW doesn't want you to lease this car.

The M2 is NOT going to be a high volume car!

The M3 and M4 are high volume cars and have lease rates to match.

The M235 is a high volume car and has lease rates to match.

As DJ KHALLED would say...
They don't want you to lease this car for $499.

If you want to get an M2... You will need to WAIT FOR IT ... And BMW wants you to BUY it. So take the hint and finance it at 1.99 percent!

And in order to make their point they make it lease for $899.
wrong! they are hoping you lease it because they make more $$$

Are people forgetting you can buy or sell a leased car at any time including the end of lease term? All bmw is doing with this lease residual is keeping it low in hopes that the leaser turns in a vehicle that is carrying equity. they hope you turn in a car that is worth more than your buy out, then they turn around and sell it again. and the m2 will retain better than the financing residual number.

You dont lose money on a lease unless your an idiot and turn in a lease with equity. the high payment is irrelevant. worse case scenario you paid more than your share of depreciation and you buy or sell the car to get what you over paid (equity) back. a lease payment still pays down principle like any other loan payment
How do you not lose money on a lease? Almost everyone who leases gives the car back at the end. Where is the prophet on that?
Good question. If you see Him, let me know...