03-05-2017, 09:08 AM   #84
Franzino
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2 MY17 / Alpine A110 MY19

Quote:
Originally Posted by metrickid View Post
Me and my friends prefer the sound of the Akrapovic. But that is not the same as to say that it is worth the extra money for it just for the sound. Akrapovic with catted DP sounds even better but will be twice as much as MPE.

If money isn't an object I would go with Akrapovic. But if you want the best value the MPE is a no-brainer.
For me personally; I think a MPE is not even worth the extra money on a M2. For that amount of money it does noting about the performance or the handling of the car. It only makes an already good sounding car louder (read; more show off). IMO; the standard exhaust already sounds great in sport and sport + and is more then loud enough. I see zero reason why I would want this exhaust any louder on the street? It's a BMW M that is designed for daily usage and the occasional trackday. It's not a limited edition trackday special were a louder exhaust could maybe be an extra value...if it delivered something more then only more sound (for example an increase in hp). Sorry; in my opinion the MPE exhaust is a waist of money on the M2 and I would invest in something that actually upgrades the car in the way it drives or better performance...