Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf_234 View Post
It's too.... blue
I see what you mean, I have some tentative feelings about it. I'll elaborate:

On one hand, the color does seem pretty gosh darn unique, and striking for that matter - but without being too flashy: (aka "look at me!!!"). The flashy look is something I like to stay away from. I like standing out, but there's a difference between standing out and rubbing it in someone's face. A BMW M car is all about class with performance.

A lot of these bright colors can end up being pretty "in your face". Although 99% of BMW colors usually tend not to be in the first place. Not to bash anyone with a fire orange car per say, but just not my taste. That doesn't mean I don't think fire orange is an incredible looking color - it is.

What I am nervous about regarding this color (LBB), is how it will effect it's "aroma". In other words, the professional looking presence of the car. I don't think it will be the case, but I'm afraid of a Mustang Grabber Blue effect: essentially making the car look like a child's toy. The Grabber Blue on the Mustang reminds me of a cheap hot wheels toy (no offense to any Grabber Blue Mustang owners out there; I do think grabber blue does look unique, just not my flavor).

I think LBB will be a good color. Great? I do not know at this point. Although this is said all the time, I really think this color needs to be seen in person. The pictures show different shades and hues. That being said, it is one of the most dynamic colors I've seen, being represented in pictures. Similar to the new Shark Gray for the '15 Stingray: which changes from a dull gray to an brilliant gunmetal. This color seems to follow the same trends based on the lighting. The lighting also seems to change how/what lines of the car are exposed/draw your attention. Really, this is for sure a color that must be viewed in person.

I cannot wait for the M2, and I'm very disappointed that we do not know of a reveal date. (I know the production and selling dates. I'm talking about a concept reveal date).

I was planning on ordering my new car this January, but decided to wait to see the M2.

However, with no new information coming out lately, I am getting antsy. If no new revealing shots, or exposing teases come out by Christmas to hold my attention, I may sadly leave the M2 behind.

It's a tough decision but I've been waiting for over 5 years to own my first true performance car, and my other options are also very attractive, and even though I am a BMW fan to a very high level, I am growing impatient. I really hope at least the front bumper is revealed, maybe through spy shots, by January.

My mind is telling me to go elsewhere but my heart knows that there is no better car, and no better community, than BMW.

Appreciate 0