View Single Post
      08-18-2014, 07:00 PM   #15
sdpauly
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i, 2008 Taco

I would like to see this too. M3/4 has gotten too big and bloated. The powertrain (S55) is very appealing to me, nearly perfect. But I can't stand what they've wrapped it in. It's a shame that motor won't see it's real potential shoved inside the bloated platform of the 3/4 series.

M2 *should* be what the M4 is supposed to be before it got fat.

Personally, I think BMW basically tossed all that "heritage" and "history" when they changed the name. M4 is new, it has no history, therefore it doesn't need to have any pre-conceived ideas of what it should be. Theres no reason why the M4 has to be "the" premium model and the M2 should be deliberately handicapped in order to not steal the thunder of the M4. I think they should be promoting the M2 as the proper successor to the M3 and all of it's history and cachet...

They probably won't though, and they will probably lose me as a customer if they do. But they probably don't care about that. Me buying or not buying is a drop in the bucket to them. Oh well, back to looking at Caymans, I guess.