View Single Post
      06-27-2014, 09:40 AM   #37
OverDriven
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by w3rkn View Post
Why would you buy a M2, if it wasn't a performance track car...?

BMW already makes a bloated highway bomber(M4).. and already makes a M235i for those who don't need all the track worthiness of a M2. The M2 is also more focused than the M4... it will just not offer as many creature comforts (ie: luxury).

Ergo: More performance... M2 is about PERFORMANCE..!

If you don't need an M2, then buy a M235i... otherwise what you are buying is track worthiness.
The M235i R isn't sold in the United States and is not drivable on public roads.. but the M2 will be. It just won't have a roll cage and other safety/track amenities. But make no mistake, the focus for the M2 is track. Otherwise it would be competing directly with the M4.. and the M2 is lighter & better handling..

So.. it's focus will remain on racing and track, leaving the M4 for luxo-bombing.
It funny how you think you know so much about a car that we know basically nothing about. Also, the M4 is a bloated luxury car? Have you seen the numbers that car is putting down? It's completely obliterating all records set by the E93 M3, which is a highly respected car. I can assure you that the M2 will not beat the M4 on the track. BMW just will not let that happen, and that makes the M4 the better track car. So from my perspective, it seems that there may be a bit of rationalization going on here.
Appreciate 0