View Single Post
      06-08-2014, 07:50 AM   #26
Wilson
Private
Rep
Drives: broken down

Quote:
Originally Posted by w3rkn View Post
I think you are mistaken about that it will NEVER happen. The focus of the M2 is track.. that is not the focus of the M4.

The M2, when released, will be BMW's highest performance car. Essentially a streetable M235i R. It will not offer the amenities, or over-all creature comforts found in the M3/4, but it will hug the road like no other and have 400ft-lbs of torque at-will..

Expect the price to sky-rocket once you start adding on secondary BMW performance parts. All three (M235i, M2 & M235i R) are meant to be the Clubsport campaign to Mimic Porsche in racing.
Have to disagree with you w3rkn, I don't know why but you are totally convinced that BMW are going to make the M2, a road car, that is focused on track use. Less than 10% of M2's will ever see a track, and BMW know this. They will not alienate 90% of their customers. If you have evidence to the contrary I'd be very interested in hearing it.

Your track car has already been built, its called the M235i R, go and buy one if you want, or buy your M2 and be prepared to do serious mods to make it competitive at the track.
Appreciate 0