Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehighM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster
I think you first need to confirm if this is apples to apples.

Is your friends car stock or Modified with a tune ?

I ran my car at high plains raceway for three days at a BMW CCA DE. There were two or three other 1M present that weekend.

I had a ton of fun finally getting past a Vette that just didn't want to let me by .... Took 3 laps of pressure ... But I got the point by
It is indeed modified at this time, but hasn't always been. It overheated in stock form as well. Currently, the car has catless downpipes Cobb tune in terms of power mods. It also has KW Clubsport 3 way coilovers, StopTech trophy brakes front and rear and a square setup running 275s all around. It's getting an upgraded radiator and intercooler next week. As I previously stated, he probably pushes his car harder than others may and I'm sure that has an effect on the cooling system.
I'm a big fan of 275s or 285 square on the 1M as it doesn't even begin to be able to put its prodigious low end torque down at the rear until you get to those sizes and the same is true up front with turn in.

If his issues began completely stock, and not even a tune, then I've no idea at all ..

If his issues with overheating began after applying a tune on the stock motor and he is at altitude ... And he has simply added more mods over time .... The elephant is the room that's being forgotten is probably the quality of the tune.

Hopefully the larger radiator helps him, however in my experience, most overheating issues have very little to do with radiator capacity. Been there done that , and paid for the rebuild T shirt
Appreciate 0