02-07-2020, 06:30 PM   #9
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreifler View Post
Should have clarified - I'm consolidating down from a dedicated Cayman track car, which is fully-caged, fire-prepped, on slicks, trailered, etc. I also instruct, so would be looking to make sure I could safely accommodate a passenger as well.

I'm just now looking into the prospect of possibly using the M2C as a dual-purpose car that I can drive to the track. Obviously wouldn't be pushing the same limits I do the Cayman, but am beyond the point where I'm comfortable with just a 3-point and street tires.

Will keep considering and researching. Might add a half-cage and proper buckets, but really don't want to destroy all comfort as a dual . . .
I see, then maybe get a recaro sportster CS style seat, they recline and move forward and back, but still have the harness slots. So pretty much an oem + seat like in the nismo 370z. And of course a roll cage is a must, especially with passengers on board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcvaughan View Post
I would just do the "seat belt yank, lock belt and then move seat back up" maneuver.
Personally I think it's a Terrible idea, unless you like submarining. Your upper body is still extremely loose, It also wouldn't help with the Hans device.