View Single Post
      11-17-2014, 11:45 AM   #12
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavpilot2k View Post
Re: RX-8. Yes, you had to wind it out. It had no torque and the power band didn't really kick in until 5k RPM, but it went hard all the way to 9K. Rotary engines just like revving because they just spin faster - no pistons to have to change direction (fighting inertia and wasting energy) twice in every combustion cycle. The car was brilliant in some ways (handling, high-revving, fun to drive) and horrible in some ways (low torque, horrible MPG, couldn't start it and shut it down cold).

Re: E36: I had no idea they had gotten that inexpensive these days.
Yea that's what I thought more or less. Had friends with RX8's and they said it was really unreliable. Had engines changed 3 times too.

The good thing about the E36 is that it has 240 ft-lbs of torque, but weighs a whopping 500 lbs-ish less than my E92, so it's pretty zippy in everyday driving. I've never thought geez, this car definitely needs more power, unlike when I test drove the BRZ.

The prices on these are kind of all over the place. You can definitely get a higher mileage one for like $7k (these can be up to 19 year old cars by now). But my friend just sold his mint one for $16k (needed absolutely nothing, rare color combo ect...). Still, I think it's still a whole hell of a lot of car for money.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0