04-22-2018, 03:52 PM   #36
alscks0414
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY18 X3 M40i, MY18 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bovairdf87 View Post
I personally don't understand the obsession on this forum of people buying very high end suspension designed for maximizing lap times on a race track, then significantly lowering the spring rate in order to achieve ride comfort while hurting their overall performance with a high grip tire which they were designed for 😕

KW V2 would be best suited for this application for a lower grip tire on the track. Once a higher grip tire is used the low rates are going to show their weakness quickly.
Well soft suspension does not mean that they will perform worse than hard suspension in any means. Totally depends on driving style of driver IMHO. I have seen ppl going with softer spring and adding anti-roll bar just to achieve better daily riding and not losing the grip at corners. Designing and fitment of sway-bars also will depend on the drivers habit as well. Some do want to lose it and leave it on more understeer setting some will go more to oversteer. That will also depend on ur coilover setting.
I got my Ohlins with recommended spring rates. These are not my soft ride solution. They are for my entertainment.
Appreciate 1
Saanen180.50