View Single Post
      02-23-2018, 11:04 PM   #25
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobert View Post
The thing you aren't grasping is that there are two different concepts in play here (aside from our brief and admittedly unrelated side conversation about exhaust systems and the effects of aero bits on lap times) - it's one thing for the OP to state a fact that he saw a "very expensive" M2, which simply means it had a lot of options, which is undeniable; it's another thing for you to talk about whether or not the asking price is a fair price or a good value. You are certainly entitled to your opinion on that matter, and we may agree or disagree on that, but I don't think the OP was trying to make a statement/opinion on the fairness of the asking price - maybe just pointing out that it was super-loaded with options.

PS - you also stated that the MSRP without those add-ons would have been $60,795, which was incorrectly based on the recent base price increase to $54,500, whereas the car in question was built prior to that price increase, as shown on its window sticker with the previous base price of $53,500.
Don't get an attitude with me because I'm trying to stay on what I believe is the topic.

"very expensive" and "has a lot of options" are not synonyms. We can prove this because there would be zero conversation if the topic was about "this car has a lot of options" It would go something like "no shit" and that be the end of it.

Conversely, every comment both before and after mine (including yours) has been about rationalizing it's price, worth, or value.

However, in the event that I did misunderstand the topic and the conversation is meant to be about the car having a lot of options and not about discussing it's price or the value of the options, then please continue the conversation without discussing those things. However, doing so would prove me correct.
Appreciate 0