Originally Posted by Dethsupp0rt View Post
Configurator isn't up yet.

Press release:

http://www.media.audiusa.com/en-us/releases/157

Limited run 2017 w/prices:

View post on imgur.com

2018 sans prices:

View post on imgur.com
LOL, you're in Chicago too. You beat me to it. I went to Fletcher Jones Audi this Saturday and spoke with their "Certified RS Technician" and he told me to not believe anything I read online. Then he provides me with the same 2017 and 2018 spec sheet that you posted.

So from what I read, and it's been repeated numerous times on different sites, "Only a limited number of 2017 Audi RS 3 sedans will be produced, but they will be the first vehicles arriving in the U.S. and will be preconfigured with carbon fiber inlays, Audi virtual cockpit with MMI Navigation plus, Bang & Olufsen Sound System, 19-inch five-arm-blade design wheels with titanium finish, red brake calipers and the RS sport exhaust system with black tips."

The Certified Tech with over 20+ years experience with Audi tells me that's bologna or baloney, however you want to spell it. He shows me the spec sheet and tells me that I have to configure the car with the "Tech Pkg" ($3,900) if I want the virtual cockpit, MMI navi and B&O sound, the "Dynamic Pkg" ($1,450) if I want the 19" 5-arm blade wheel in titanium, Red brake calipers and Sport exhaust with black tips and finally the "RS Carbon Inlay" ($600). So the typical salesman up-sell spiel which brings the grand total of $61,400 incld. destination. Is that worth it? For $55,450, yes it is, but for $61,400, that's a big fat NO for me.

So at the end of the day he's right and I'm wrong along with all the Journalists that wrote the articles about the 2017 RS3 Sedans being preconfigured and coming to America. Whatevers! So I go ahead and configure the RS3 the way I want, put down the $1,000 fully refundable deposit and be on way.

Now, the only reason I did this was because I don't know 100% what BMW is going to do with the LCI M2, at this point it's all speculative. So in the mean time I might as well put a deposit down on the RS3 as a backup and wait.

Hopefully BMW wises up and brings out the LCI M2 with their version of the virtual cockpit, LED headlights and tails, Mag ride, then I get my refund back, transfer it over to good ol BMW and wait for the LCI M2.

If not, then hopefully the RS zen master was wrong and the 2017's are preconfigured and priced at $55,450 and BMW fails to add their version of the virtual cockpit and the M2 ends up just with LED headlights and tails, then the 2017 RS3 it is.
Appreciate 1