View Single Post
      02-28-2018, 02:59 PM   #11
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

For me personally I just don't find that they offer that much "luxury" anymore compared to other brands, especially for the price. I think you need to get fairly high up in the brand range now to get that differentiation. I hate my wife's 428 and think it is/was very overpriced for what you get at 52k MSRP (we got it for around 47). The Dakota leather isn't very pleasant to the touch/feel, plastic everywhere the drive isn't special/unique at all anymore. IDrive is one of the best, but almost everybody has caught up in that regard. The stereo isn't great (I've had the HK upgrade, still nothing special) and there are plenty of rattles. Thankfully we leased because the depreciation on current BMWs and other luxury brands is brutal.

I'm not just picking on BMW as we drove a C300 and that was surprisingly bad. I couldn't believe how poor the transmission shift unless you were in sport mode. Also the interior looks much better in pics than in real life.

Any way, IMO most everybody else has caught up and you can get some extremely nice sedans/SUVs with similar if not better options list for 10-20k less.
Appreciate 0