Maks///M2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSociety View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maks///M2 View Post
So here is a some up of today. The car ran fine at that track. No issues. Ran really good. I put p4s as my rear tires. I strongly suggest people upgrading to this. They grip so much better than the pss. They do shoot up more rocks.

After the track I went and did some straight line pulls way out of town. Well here is what happened. At about 120-125 my fuel cuts out. I'm not getting enough fuel to run map 2. I did a couple passes and all of them yielded the same result. I think I'm going to cancel dyno day on Tuesday and get a new fuel pump, then go dyno. Because what if I'm getting fuel starvation earlier on somewhere?
Fuel Cut is due to map2 pushing ONLY boost and this is not the way.
Do you have any of your logs to see whats happening 0-125 ? Only way to see honestly please get some logs
Don't cancel your Dyno and go on to dyno in 4th gear instead of 5th gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeav View Post
An upgraded fuel pump won't solve the issue unfortunately. Well, not unless you can upgrade the HPFP and to my knowledge there isn't an upgrade available for it.

I've heard this is a common issue with Map 2 on the JB4 for the M2 - the HPFP crashes due to lack of fueling. The solution to this is to run water-methanol injection or port injection (LPFP Upgrade + Port Injection Rail). The other alternative is to unlock the DME and get a back-end flash like BM3 and the tuner can fine tune the vehicle more than the JB4 can.
+1
I am going on the dyno. I spoke with them they said bring it in and we will see what happens. I don't have the cable to run logs or the wireless adapter. I ordered one last night.
One of my friends with his m235 (not the one I was with yesterday runs jb4 on map2 with stage 2 pump on 92 oct. said he never had fuel cut out on him.
Which right now he did a stage 3 turbo upgrade and pump. But the car shuts down automatically now. He has port injection also. It's been at the shop for months for diagnosing.
On map one I wasn't having any fuel cut out issues.
I'll report back tomorrow evening with the dyno sheets so you guys can see.
Appreciate 0