bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by IS3andME View Post
What I am saying is that as long there is the Corvettes, unless BMW consults a Voodoo priest, they will hard pressed. And let's not forget Corvette may be going to a mid engine set up. But, yes, you are correct.

If IMSA leaves GTLM along for a while like you want, get used to the M6s being outclassed. The GTLM class is shaping up to be the new GT1 class. And there is was one the front-mid engined Panoz Esperante GTR-1 that was a fronted engined car that made a dent (a small one).

Ford has the mid engined GT, Ferrari the mid engined 488, Porsche has created the mid engined 911 RSR, all it needs is elongated bodywork and turbos, and it would be the '96 911 GT1 all over again. There is a prototype mid engine Corvette in the works, and chances are that will be raced. So, the handwriting is on the wall that this class will be mid engined, with aero work. And so, where does that leave the heavy ass BMW M6 with the large frontal area?
Possibly GTD.
I'm not getting in to this argument again. This is homologation racing with BoP. The fact that the M6 GTLM is front mid-engine does not automatically make it uncompetitive. The M6 GTLM received a mid-range boost bump as part of a BoP adjustment, which is (IMO) why it was more on-pace in this race. I'm doing some statistical analysis to see exactly where the M6 GTLM landed this time around.

The reason Porsche went mid-engine is because hanging the engine off the rear transaxle got in the way of the rear diffuser.
Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport
Appreciate 0