View Single Post
      04-11-2017, 06:46 AM   #18
IS3andME
Major
Rep
Drives: Lexus IS300

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyland View Post
Well, that's kind of the idea, isn't it? Everyone races hard, and on equal footing?

IMO, this is the first time in a long time that BMW have been on-pace. I'm hoping that IMSA leave the GTLM class alone for a bit. I'm also hoping that The B Pillar does the same analysis on this race as he did Sebring. This was a sprint race, so I'm not sure he will. Fingers crossed!
What I am saying is that as long there is the Corvettes, unless BMW consults a Voodoo priest, they will hard pressed. And let's not forget Corvette may be going to a mid engine set up. But, yes, you are correct.

If IMSA leaves GTLM along for a while like you want, get used to the M6s being outclassed. The GTLM class is shaping up to be the new GT1 class. And there is was one the front-mid engined Panoz Esperante GTR-1 that was a fronted engined car that made a dent (a small one).

Ford has the mid engined GT, Ferrari the mid engined 488, Porsche has created the mid engined 911 RSR, all it needs is elongated bodywork and turbos, and it would be the '96 911 GT1 all over again. There is a prototype mid engine Corvette in the works, and chances are that will be raced. So, the handwriting is on the wall that this class will be mid engined, with aero work. And so, where does that leave the heavy ass BMW M6 with the large frontal area?
Possibly GTD.
Appreciate 0