02-19-2017, 06:51 PM   #41
Paul-Bracq-BMW
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1981 323i, sports M5, LSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Interesting.

Personally not convinced that BMW M will use an 'add-on' trunk spoiler for the M2 CS and M4 CS. Keep the M Performance rear spoiler for the 'regular' M2 and M4.

No, try imagining the rear with an elegantly arched boot lid à la E46 M3 CSL. The camo on the M4 CS spy shots seems to hint more into that design direction. Any such (functional) cue may be as well, on the one hand, another way to further distinguish the more expensive CS model from a 'regular' M2 or M4, and, on the other hand, be more subtle (read: less extreme) than an in-your-face wing (let's keep that for the GTS/CSL models).

Well the M4 CS will definitely have an add-on rear spoiler as per the spy photos. I have rendered it here: http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=37. This rear spoiler is different from the currently available M Performance spoiler as it its curved higher to provide more downforce. My rendering is IMO pretty close to the final product.

I don't think BMW will modify metal body parts of the M2 for its CS version (the same goes for the M4 CS) as per cost reasons. So IMO the rear of the M2 CS will only get a rear spoiler like in my render. It will have a high curve as per my render...