Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by clbmw View Post
Very exciting!

I'll say it, why not make this 400+ BHP and put the cost closer to the M3? It's quite annoying that more power has to equal massive car in the BMW lineup.

It's not as if M ownership is like regular BMW ownership. And the "cannibalise sales stuff" is kind of nonsense, because you either buy an M2 or an M3, either way it's money in the kitty, and if they're closer in price the profits will be similar, it's just more choice.

I'd be far more concerned about money going to Merc and Audi who are on par/ahead with power in their AMG/RS and ahead of the game with their 2nd in line S and AMG Sport models.

I wonder if it will be limited edition?

Why not 400hp? Well they don't just pull HP numbers out their asses. It has to match the car's many characteristics, weight balance, MPG targets, suspension components, brakes, class, chassis ... It's an M car. Not a Camaro.

EDIT: And BTW, when BMW rates it at 380hp, that usually means 380hp at the wheels, which in reality means closer to 400hp when you take out drive train loss. But alas, we're still talking about unconfirmed rumors, from "inside sources" at this point. Nothing set in stone.

Last edited by Falafel Combo; 04-30-2014 at 08:56 PM..
Appreciate 0