View Single Post
      05-11-2018, 07:20 PM   #53
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

I've had the pleasure of driving an M4 DCT for about a month, stock. Then full bolt on for about a week before it was handed back to the owner. And what I remember from that experience, is how much the car over-steered and burned rubber, even at stock power levels. Was a total blast to drive around the mountains and around town, with the low end tq, and split second shifts. But I can't fathom that spiky RPM band, in a smaller car, like the M2. I think it's going to be more of a handful, and will likely decrease in performance/mechanical grip, with any added power. I understand they've chastised the power output, and I think it was necessary.

For anyone thinking about heads up racing, in a straight line, there's no doubt the S55 is a monster. But on the track, I think you'd find yourself wanting a nice linear powerband, like what you get from the N55 platform. I've never driven a turbo car that felt like a natural NA powerband, but they accomplished this with the N55, in my opinion.

Either way, both cars are magical in their own ways, and anyone fortunate enough to get in the front line for the M2C shouldn't be worried about anything else buy "their" personal experience with the car. Who gives a F if an N55 could be as fast, it's not the point... If I was in the position to purchase a car like the M2C, I wouldn't think about modifying a damn thing, except tires and brake pads, you shouldn't have to, that's the whole point lol...