12-13-2017, 03:54 PM   #98
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeA View Post
Not sure if I agree with that. I have an E92 and the F30/80 interior is way different. I really do like the F30/80s interior the most in that class. Also it's nice that BMW is keeping its interior design language which has always been purposeful and to the point.

On the Car and Driver note, I don't really value what they say anymore. They rated the S6 over the M5 which to me states they simply do not push the car hard enough during their tests. I have seen a few of their recent tests and not much makes sense. They hated the comp package F80 while motor trend loved it. These are all based on opinions and shouldn't be taken too seriously. I trust Chris Harris' point of view more, he goes more in depth about how the car feels at the limit.
I'm pretty sure C&D has clamped down hard on the BMW hate because it's profitable for them. The cars are disappointing compared to their predecessors, but not as bad as C&D makes them out to be. Going overboard on the BMW criticism clearly draws online clicks and magazine sales.

Motor Trend did the same thing with its Cadillac boner. Hey, let's keep saying they are the greatest cars in the world because the pro-America crowd will love to hear it. It doesn't matter that save for steering/chassis tuning, all their sedans suck in every other facet and their non-existent sales reflect that.
Appreciate 1
boostm3683.00