View Single Post
      09-27-2017, 01:21 PM   #44
importriders
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by synergist View Post
I laugh every time people reference the PE to determine pricing on the CS. PE was only offered by the marketing team at BMW USA to take advantage of the M2 hype by forcing the naive to purchase all the over priced M-perf parts+$2500 for M driving school. I will not feel bad for them. Pricing will be dictated by the global scale, starting with Germany. I'm sure they will offer a myriad of M-perf parts for the CS as well. The S55 engine is no longer the unicorn it once was. Something like 50,000+ M3/4s are out there and you can be sure the cost of manufacturing the engine has dropped significantly since 2015. Not to mention R&D of the engine has already been absorbed. The M2 was praised for being a great value and the discussion will change if BMW charges well into M3/4 territory. Even the cayman GT4 started for less than a base 911... This is all speculation, guess we will just wait and see.
I didnt make the rules or market vehicles. BMW did that. So not to include the PE is ignorant. Its just like the Comp pack M4. BMW markets the PE and Comp M4 a step below the CS models, that is fact. If that changes then they are going against their own marketing.
Appreciate 0