United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailersDomain View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6734202 View Post
DetailersDomain

I'll be getting my car Xpel'd and coated with CQuartz (wheels as well). I'm starting to put together detailing products, and I want to ensure I don't purchase anything that can harm the coating. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

-CarPro Shampoo..maybe Hydrofoam? Or can I just use a PH neutral shampoo like Adam's?
-Adams wheel/tire cleaner - will this affect the ceramic wheel coating?
-Sonax Wheel Cleaner - same question
-Adam's APC - planning for engine bay and maybe door jambs

Also, what products would you recommend during the drying process? CarPro Reload sounds a bit intense. I like the idea of something like Ammo Hydrate, but again not sure how it will react with the coating.

Lastly, how would you recommend cleaning tar and bird bombs on the ceramic coating.

Thanks in advance!!
Sure thing

Here are some of our go to washes, all great on coatings and foam well.

Adam's Car Wash
Lusso Auto Bathe
Nanolex Pure Shampoo

Our go to wheel cleaner in the shop these days would be

Nanolex Wheel Cleaner and Iron Remover - great on to decon your paint as well as wheels - works well with coated wheels

Adam's APC is great for your engine bay - touch up and dress it up after with Adam's In and Out Spray

A great products for after the wash and rinse but before the drying would be Nanolex Wash Coat - this product will prolong the life of the coating and boost the beading as well.

Hydrate works well but most products will change up the beading behavior of the coating.

That being said a great product that works well with both clear films and coatings would be Kenotek Showroom Shine probably one of the best detail sprays I have ever used.
Is the kenotek meant as a spot cleaner or must it be used on a larger surface for even cleaning (if that makes sense)? I have xpel on my front end and cquartz over the whole car, don't want to break out my washing stuff for little spots. Thanks!
Appreciate 0