View Single Post
      05-18-2018, 01:26 AM   #18
eeyang92
Captain
Rep
Drives: LBB M2 LCI 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsrbri View Post
Considering your question, I'd take the response from KW as accurate. The KV V3 are a true coil over w/height adjustment (as are the M Perf). However, independent compression/rebound adjustment is a next-level suspension tuning feature. The M Performance variant has the same features, but I don't believe they are independently adjustable (due to valving). I have Ohlins R&T, and the rebound/compression are one adjustment only (like the MPS). Guys - keep me honest if the MPS has separate dials for comp/rebound

If you're not going to the racetrack, you can fine tune for your perfect street ride/handling. If you are tracking your car - you can tune for your ideal street set-up and then tune for the racetrack after experimenting. Even track-to-track if you have the time/energy.

BMW has engineered compromise into the units to provide warranty and a more general appeal, but only the drawings/specs (which we will never get) will tell the story.

Not sure you can go wrong with either MPS or V3, but I went with Ohlins due to their reputation, quality, and excellent tech support to ensure I got the units best for my needs (i went with R&T)
Yes, the MPS has separate dials for compression and rebound.
Appreciate 0