View Single Post
      01-16-2017, 02:11 PM   #731
Gatte
Major
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdi View Post
Take it, enjoy it and IF you are able to buy a CS-version at a reasonable price you can sell your first M2.

I'm getting my second M2 in March and will probably sell it later this year with minimum loss. A friend of mine just sold his 1 year old M2 for more than I'm paying for my new. I'm not worried at all about resale value. Even if it gets worse than it has been I can't see it dropping like 'normal' cars.
I want to agree with this but you will have to take into consideration other factors such as market availability and the type of customers who are buying these cars across it's life-cycle. Up until recently there were very few cars and a lot of customers.

Again, this is not just ordinary customers. These were customers who desperately wanted the car as soon as possible and were in many instances willing to pay more than MSRP for it. As the availability gradually matches the demand, the number of people willing to pay more than MSRP or a very high price for the car will start to diminish which is why you cannot use a past precedent to forecast the future.

This is especially true when there is a trend involved.
Appreciate 1
StephGOD218.50