View Single Post
      03-16-2017, 01:09 AM   #561
QLAbot
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Not really a how-to, but I hope this helps!

This is why I can never do body work...

A couple notes:

* If you have large limbs or hands, this will probably be a bit difficult. I'm a big guy, 6'5" (77 inches), and the entire process was a royal pain in the arse! The video is edited of course, but the rear-right side took me nearly 2 hours to complete. It took me awhile to figure out how to approach it exactly, and I wanted to be careful not to scratch, crack, or damage the bumper in any way.

* The bumper itself is actually attached to a mounting bracket if you will. You have to loosen and remove the screws on the underside of the bumper in order to pull the bumper far enough away from the bracket to get your arm back there -in between the bracket and the bumper itself. Even still, I had to use long pliers to compress the three retaining clips on the back of the reflector (blind, I might add) while simultaneously prying from the front, trying to ensure that I didn't scratch the bumper.

* I found it helpful to also remove an additional screw from the under-side of the bumper toward the rear, next to the exhaust. There are the two screws that Acexxon points out in his pictures, but this one is closer to the exhaust tips. This will enable the bumper to separate a little bit more if you need the room.

* It might help to have a buddy to help hold the bumper so you can concentrate on compressing the clips and getting those damned things outta there.

* I HIGHLY recommend removing the tire first. There's no way my big ass hands and arms would have been able to reach back there without removing the tire first.

* To top retaining tabs on both reflector sets were quite snug, even moreseo than the other 2 tabs. When I snapped the new set in, the bottom and middle tabs snapped right in, but I had to use a hammer and dolly to gently tap the top tab in place. Even still, it didn't really "snap in" like the other two tabs. You'll also notice to top tab is more difficult to compress and remove -at least it was for me.

* There was a learning curve with the first side, but the second side went much quicker and only took about 40 minutes. I could probably do it again in 30 minutes if I had to do it over.

None of the aforementioned challenges are any discredit to the quality of Acexxon's product. It's very light -and made of ABS plastic I'm assuming, but feels durable, and the fittament was perfectly snug especially with the foam stickies attached. Packaging was also very nice! Thanks Acexxon!

Last edited by QLAbot; 03-16-2017 at 01:31 AM..
Appreciate 6
Acexxon639.00
ChrisK4454.00
atxsk8r1569.50
Prodigy.698.50
///Mē282.50