01-14-2017, 10:32 AM   #8
ashburyn54
Captain
Rep
Drives: f87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmarcen View Post
Hey Guys,

I'm sure there is a thread out there, but what's the best method for washing w/o the use of a hose in the winter. Living in Ohio, not going to be able to use the hose for almost half of the year it seems, and concerned w/o a good rinse I run the risk of scratching.

Any advise or link to a similar thread would be appreciated!
I'm in Ohio as well. I run it through the touchless car wash once or twice a week to get the underbody. I always use lubricant to dry the car. If the wash gets it clean I use my master blaster/blower/compressed air to dry it.

I use a ton of towels too. If you get the chance search AMMO N.Y.C waterless car wash techniques. Tons of knowledge and you can supplement the products at most auto parts stores locally.

I make sure to seal with powerlock or coatings and then layer up collinite 845 after I get a chance to do a proper wash when it's warm. This makes even simple washes 10x easier.

I'm super anal about the chassis components so if you have access to a lift a power wash once a month is what I like to do. I spray automotive plastic dry coatings like a nice tire coating that dries to the touch on everything underneath. That's probably overkill but it washes off so nice.
Appreciate 0