View Single Post
      04-27-2017, 08:39 AM   #35
lakefront
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by byroncheung View Post
last time for whatever reason my heater was giving out hot water with fluctuating temperature. got a guy out to take a look, whose company is supposed to be a certified repairer for the heater, he didn't really have much clue and just called the manufacturer and they sort of diagnosed it over phone. suggested me to replace couple of parts which will cost me 1k-2k! and i wasn't even convinced that the part they suggested replacing was the source of the problem. i ended up researching the problem myself and found some suggestion of maybe cleaning the inlet filter will help and did it myself, problem seems to have went away...

i feel like if anything seriously goes wrong with these heater, it would probably be time to get a new one instead of trying to repair them...
Guy I worked with (a plumber) bought a Takagi tankless heater and was so horrified by all the circuit boards, etc that he immediately bought another one just to have parts on hand. This was 12 years ago or so, but at the time was about $1200 apiece. Better be saving a LOT of money on gas at that point.
Appreciate 0