View Single Post
      11-01-2017, 11:33 PM   #358
jjclyde
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C HS 6MT

I installed the TechnicPnP ASD by-pass harness today. Didn't want to mess with coding, and other threads imply a possible improvement to stereo's sound by using the harness.

Install was super-easy - harness was completely plug & play. No messing around with connector swaps necessary - they seem to have worked all the issues out since first producing the harness.

Really happy with result - much quieter cabin, no more fake (and over-saturated IMO) noise from the ASD. And the car sounds darn sweet as-is, so why ASD in the M2 anyway?

So I agree with the OP - a total win.

Note to anybody else who wants to do this --- there is one step in the original (and very good) DIY instructions that should be skipped. Do NOT remove the trunk seal. It is NOT necessary to remove the seal to remove the back trunk edge plate - just wiggle it out from under the seal. It is a royal pain to get that seal back in place - which I learned the hard way, as did many others ... if only I'd read all the way through that original thread. The install is very simple & easy accept for that seal - and it turns out you needn't mess with the seal after all.
Appreciate 5