View Single Post
      11-30-2017, 02:59 PM   #5
Voomar
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LBB (week 35)

A few thoughts after owning an LCI 6MT for a few months now:

1. Sounds like you're perhaps budget-minded--so....buying the M Performance parts separate from the car purchase will save you money. Prices are cheaper and the installation is not that big of a hassle. Grills, gills, rear diffuser and door projectors are all easy DIY projects with plenty of help on line. As long as you have the MPE installed at the dealer (mine charged me $300) before you take final delivery, the exhaust is covered under full warranty of the vehicle. Buying separately also give you flexibility to change back to stock and resell the M parts at a later date should you want to. Be prepared, though....the shipping box for the MPE is huge.
2. BMS clutch stop is $10 well spent
3. Something that did surprise me a bit was the size and weight of the doors. My other cars include 4 door versions of an E36 M3, E46 3 series, and Audi A3. The M2 doors are heavy, swing wide and the interior door handle is located near the front of the door. Just need to be mindful of opening the doors quickly or close to walls and/or posts.
4. I'd recommend you thoroughly test drive the car with the factory configuration you plan to order. I was able to test drive a DCT M2 and 6MT 240M, but not a M2 6MT before ordering. The 6MT was the correct choice for me, but i was not sure until I actually took delivery.

Hope that helps.
Appreciate 4
DanM2C80.50
Ian ///M491.00