View Single Post
      11-30-2017, 09:59 AM   #1
DanM2C
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C, 2013 BMW 328i xdrive

Things you wish you knew before you bought your M2

Hi everyone. Made my way over here from the f30 forums. For a while now, I have had my eye on the M2 but due to several factors (living in a city with no garage, quality of roads in the city, lower salary at job), I have not yet bought one. In the next year, I will be moving to a different area of the country, will not be living in a city, and will have a more competitive salary. I plan to see how the first 6 months there goes before making any major decisions/purchases, but if all goes according to plan at that point I will buy a M2.

Right now I have my eye on a 6MT in alpine white, no moonroof, executive package. I know that the CS will eventually be coming out but I think the n55 will be more than enough for me and one of my favorite experiences about having a car is the modding, so if over time I want more power there is room for expansion. After getting the car, I would eventually like to put on a set of HRE r101 lightweight wheels in gloss black, ohlins road and track coil overs, paint the calipers tiffany blue, add an aftermarket carbon fiber rear diffuser and front lip, and add either the akrapovic or m-performance titanium exhaust.

Enough of my rambling and to the point: for those who have already bought a M2, was there anything you learned from the buying or modding process? If you could have done it again, what would you have done differently? Any feedback is much appreciated!