View Single Post
      11-02-2017, 12:48 PM   #106
M2OG
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a car

Hey everyone, can't thank you all enough for all the kind words. It feels great to know that people are as excited about this as I was to make it.

Regarding some of the questions about sound... The camera's themselves do not have built in microphones so, on the day I had a sound mixer place microphones on the car and we drove around recording sounds(those same mic's then needed to later be removed from the vehicle so they didn't show on camera, The chase vehicle is also really loud which hinders the ability to record sound while most of the filming is happening). Then once the editor is done with the cut, a sound designer uses artistic license and places the sounds where they feel appropriate. For me it was more about feeling than technical accuracy. Sound is often highly stylized. I tried to keep it faithful by only using sounds the car actually makes. Maybe 10% of the sound you hear is actually from the shot you're seeing. The rest was sound we recorded when the camera wasn't rolling.

As for my intention with the film... I'm a professional cinematographer and looked at this project as a chance to flex my skills and produce something that was fun for me. My two passions have always been cars and camera's. I had the car and the resources so it made sense to combine them and make a fun spec ad.

Last edited by M2OG; 11-02-2017 at 01:00 PM..
Appreciate 0