View Single Post
      05-06-2015, 12:48 PM   #123
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3baman View Post
While the 3 series didn't have an M235 equivalent, the power and torque increase of the M3/4 over the 335i were significant, as well as a lower unladen weight.

In the last few years BMW has become extremely conservative on their HP numbers and most likely this car will have 365 whp (~415 crank HP) but you can't blame some people here expecting a bit more from the engine.

I'm sure the suspension and the driving dynamics will be terrific, after all everyone praises the M3 for it's handling and that has always been the hallmark of an M car. Needless to say however, BMW has been a bit behind the curve in the engine compartment recently
Again, I don't know if you are new to this or not, but we knew that this was going to happen! All the debate about the 135i vs 1M was bound to happen with the M235i vs M2. On paper, the 135i is very close to the 1M, but we all know it's not.

Let's put it this way, if the 1M didn't do anything for you, then the M2 will not either. The 1M is absolutely a cult car that we haven't seen from BMW since probably the Z4M. I'm absolutely thrilled that BMW decided to do a sequel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear From Jax View Post
Yes. You are right overall, and we all know that. But hopes and dreams are still there. Realistically, they did exactly as expected, like you said. But i've been hoping that they were just pulling the wool over our eyes, and were gonna sucker punch us with an awesome little corner killer with an awesome (even detuned) S55 motor. But, that WAS/IS unrealistic. But, i'm still disappointed. :/

But, we'll see. It's gonna be good regardless. Probably even great. But, i'm selfish....
I want a McLaren F1 in my garage. But I know that's not happening either
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 2