View Single Post
      08-10-2015, 10:29 AM   #53
fuddman
Major
Rep
Drives: 528-maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die ///M Rakete View Post
BMW is seriously considering eliminating or at the very least fundamentally altering the 4/50 pre-paid maintenance plan that's included with all new BMWs.

....BMW of North America Chief Ludwig Willisch's thought process on the subject reportedly goes something like this:

"We not only produce and sell the finest automobiles in the luxury segment and because of our pre-paid maintenance program we also have by far the best warranty in the luxury segment....yet we consistently rank only in the middle of the yearly J.D. Power U.S. Customer Service Index (CSI) Study. What is the half a billion dollars or so we spend on this pre-paid maintenance really getting us?!!"
I don't see the logic you use which takes you from Ludwig's comment to your conclusion that the Ludwig is "seriously considering" eliminating the PPM program.
To me, what he's saying is the PPM program is supposed to generate goodwill among BMW customers. And, dealers, through their direct relationship with their customers, are to see to it goodwill is, in fact, created. The CSI measures how well the dealers are achieving that goal.
Ludwig is not, therefore, saying let's get rid of the program. What he is saying is: "Hey, dealers, I'm spending big money so you can create goodwill and the the CSI says you aren't doing it! Get with the program!"
Appreciate 0