View Single Post
      04-24-2024, 03:01 PM   #24
Neusser
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 G31 540i xDrive M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitte View Post
Spec'd out pricing is roughly similar (CAD market).

M2 as something to purchase and keep while i4 probably lease. I understand both would have amazing power, handling and quality as daily drivers (2 vs 4 door makes little difference to me).

i4 being electric feels good, but I can't imagine a better feeling than stepping in and out of an M daily. Then there's the value of an ICE in 5-8 years…

I'd welcome thoughts, feelings and comments - technical and spiritual!
I think if you move away from badges, marketing, etc., and compare the two cars on their merits, the M2 wins easily.

An performance ICE vehicle is more a driver's car--sound, weight/handling, etc.--and performance is close enough that it doesnt matter in most cases.

An EV is soulless, and it comes with a raft of headaches--charging, tremendous weight, higher running costs for many consumables, range anxiety, replacement battery costs, the potential for fire, and much more.

IMO, the value of an ICE in 5-8 years will be much higher than an EV. You need to expand your thinking on why EVs are being pushed despite their deficiencies, as well as what is going to get the job done in a way that makes your life easy and enjoyable.
Appreciate 0