Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
Oh lord far from a guru for sure
Don't be so humble, you know your isht!

Quote:
I think the main thing with the rebuilds is what you hit on earlier when you said most guys with the MPS & KW don't use them that "hard". That will for sure extend the rebuild/replacement interval. Most MPS kits are not driven hard (and I'm not saying that like it is a bad thing) so you do not see this come up very often. One thing to keep in mind here too is when not driven hard the slow depreciation in performance can be almost imperceptible. I would bet there are quite a few MPS users out there that do not realize they could benefit from a refresher. Breakages are also going to be less with easier usage. With the KW alternative you start to see more users that are interested in either lowering more like you mentioned or a bit of track work. The lowering can absolutely be harsh on suspension components and axles. This can be corrected but more often then not is accepted as a part of what happens when you play the game. I do think with the KW you have more cases of harder usage which will bump the service interval up over the MPS. Not that there is much difference between the two but more usage driven in this case. I'm still not a fan of the MPS approach - the front rates are still relatively soft and too reliant on the dampers to help control the body - but I haven't seen much of a quality issue or anything like that with them.
Perfect, thank you.

Quote:
One thing that does irk me with the MPS is that if BMW thinks it is a better overall solution why did they give us the stock crap in the first place!!
It was all about the price-point, and not creating better performance than the F80/F82, which they were dangerously close to already.
Appreciate 0