View Single Post
      04-08-2024, 06:36 PM   #31
-Eidos
@lbb_kev
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 (LBB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Very interesting. But my main question is how are you cooling all 700whp that your m2 is making?
I don't track at 700whp. That map is more for straight line/airstrip fun. My road course map is probably in the low 500's on full E85.

The summer season is also the off season for me since the high ambient temps get pretty miserable and obviously don't help with the cooling situation.

Out of precaution I do a cooldown lap every 2-3 laps to keep all the components and tires happy. In addition, by being 6MT there's no trans cooler blocking all of the valuable air going to the radiator above the intercooler.

With all of the above I've never encountered any coolant temp warnings and don't notice any significant power being pulled.

I am toying with redoing the entire cooling setup, but I don't have the bandwidth right now since I'm juggling a few other projects.
Speedtech Stage 3 (8474) | Remus Exhaust | Wagner EVO 3 | XClutch | DS2 + Lift Kit | Nostrum S2 Injectors | TI E5LM | Torqbyte EKP | Intrax 1K2 | SPL | Drexler GT Race Light LSD by limitedslip.de | Schirmer Diff Lift Kit

Full E85 DI-Only 717WHP Flex Fuel tuned by BendCalibration (ECUTek) | Built by SD Garage
Appreciate 1
F87source7368.50