Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring (Frozen Black)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
I get my cup2s and RE71rs tires from Costco. I haven't had any problems. If you've got frozen gold wheels then keep in mind that it's difficult to match, but possible (I've had mine touched up). If this concerns you, then take it to a dealership. Take photos of each wheel ahead of time, and inspect before leaving dealership. Black wheels are easy to match. Costco also has a crazy good warranty surrounding nails, etc
Cup2s are great above 50F and dry. If you never drive in rain I see no issue. I've been a cup2 fan boy since getting my CS. This past weekend I was being too aggressive on a fun onramp in the rain. The rear end started to come around. Probably wouldn't have been an issue with ps4s or contis. Just keep it in mind. You really have to be conscious about the cup2s and the weather. Beyond that the feel and grip are fantastic. The RE71rs is also a great tire.

Now that I have a set of dedicated track wheels I'll probably get the ps4s next time as my daily. Data suggests it's a great tire. Lasts a couple of laps on track, which means it likely holds up really well on back roads.
I’ve got the PS4S* on the M3 Touring, put the same on my first year F80 M3 as soon as I could (it needed every bit of help it could get on traction) and PS4S N coming inbound on the 992 T. Great handling in dry, wet and cold weather, and virtually no tire noise. Unless I’m going to shift to summer and winter tyres (which I won’t bother doing in Sydney), I’m sold on this tire.
Appreciate 0