View Single Post
      03-19-2024, 01:19 PM   #15
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by inlin36 View Post
Yep that's how it seems, that the suspension setup is inherently deficient from the factory. I've had cars with overdue alignments before, however this doesn't feel as simple as that. I will get a new alignment anyway just to see, but I think It's best I move over to an aftermarket coilover system soon. I'm quite surprised I didn't see more of this complaint when I watched and read a million reviews of the car before I bought it.

The car feels fine when you drive it about the speed limit and maybe even a little more than that, but once you start getting near the limit, it is underwhelming handling-wise for being an M to be honest.
This is the biggest knock on the platform imo and the reason we started developing our Nitron kits. At a certain point you just cannot get past being undersprung when pushing it. And increasing the rates with the stock valving creates a whole new set of undesirable characteristics. It's a shame that a car with such potential needs this kind of help right out of the box but it does put a good suspension setup as what I feel to be the best money spent on this platform.
Appreciate 2
///M TOWN22103.00
Andrew2180.00