Rep
Drives: M2

Garage List
1996 BMW 318is  [4.75]
2012 Audi Q5  [4.50]
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPhatic View Post
...I've had the Lotus 15 years, she's my baby. I only drive her 5-10 times a year (the rest of the time she sleeps climate-controlled in my basement), but every time I do I'm like, just wow, this car. My plan is to sell it (hopefully for a lot) when I'm 70 (17 years from now).
At that point, 32 years into the relationship, I'd keep her until the end and leave her to someone who I know will appreciate her!

I held on to my first BMW, an E36 318is, which I took delivery of at the BMW Niederlassung on Frankfurter Ring in March of '96 before the Welt was even an idea, for 27 years. When I moved back to the US last year, I shipped 2 cars and had another car and truck here so the 318is had to go. There wasn't anything special about it but it was special to me (it never once let me down) and I really regret letting it go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPhatic View Post
It's interesting that the make overwhelmingly compared/shopped against the M2 on this board is a Porsche, not Audi. It's also interesting to me that all 3 makes offer vastly different driving experiences.
I think Audi is underappreciated here in the US in general but maybe in this case, it's because Audi doesn't have a small, 2 door coupe to line up against the M2 (the TT isn't the same thing). I have been fortunate to have spent a considerable amount of time on the Autobahn and let me tell you, 95 times out of 100, the guy blowing your doors off is driving an Audi!
philth259.00
///MPhatic14170.00