View Single Post
      01-04-2024, 02:50 PM   #73
M2CompKenny
Rep
Drives: M2C LBB

I took delivery of my Emira last January and rejected it a few months later, it was a great car to look at and drive when it was behaving itself, but it was riddled with issues.

It was an early car and they were known to have been partially built and then lay outside at the factory in the worst of the weather before being completed due to parts availability. I know people who are still having ECUs, wiring looms etc replaced due to corrosion. Mine also suffered from the common paint blistering issue, as well as a multitude of electrical faults.

The Lotus Customer Care department was a nightmare to deal with and they were an equal factor to the issues when it came to my decision to reject the car.

I'm glad that I got out of it when I did, as I received a full refund + PPF and ceramic coating costs. There's no shortage of second hand Emira's available here in the UK at considerably less than the initial cost.

It's a shame, as Lotus had an opportunity to bring a great car to the market and shake their reputation of old, but they clutched defeat from the jaws of victory with the Emira. It was my third brand new Lotus and it will be my last.

Last edited by M2CompKenny; 01-04-2024 at 02:56 PM..
Appreciate 3
///MPhatic14189.50
to_riffic3038.50
(K)1282.50