View Single Post
      11-06-2023, 02:17 PM   #7
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Funny. I thought I sent that post via private message. Yes, I've been giving lots of thought. Trying to wrap my head around exactly how you optimize an EDC to truly excel vs just be another mediocre jack of all. I think nonlinear and helper springs are the only way to take advantage but the non linear rates will be weird. Like soft for only a few mm and then firm up very quickly. Most DD on decent roads just needs to take the slide edge off small road imperfections (soft spring), while not allowing it to crash over larger imperfections (stiff spring with well controlled valve.

I wonder if you could have very little compression damping with a non linear spring that goes from soft to decently stiff rather quickly as long as the rebound is well controlled?

Unfortunately on track where transitions are much more rapid the softer portion of the non linear spring seems like it would be a problem. I'm guessing this is where the ratios of compression and rebound in the EDC would do their thing.

I find all of this shock tuning fascinating. I feel like I kinda understand, but know nothing at the same time.
Appreciate 1
OG Shark4773.00