View Single Post
      10-15-2023, 02:40 PM   #50
romoguy15
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 M Sport Sold:2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0riolis View Post
It is a major PITA, yes. I worked a bit more on the car today and it requires removing a lot of things*:
- Top brace -- the one with the hood latches bolted to it (it's bolted to the bracket)
- Headlight (it's bolted to the bracket)
- Aux/Oil cooler (it's bolted to the bracket)
- Airbox ducting (it goes through the bracket)

* Keeping in mind that I had already removed the following to install the ER FMIC:
- Bumper
- Crash bar
- V-brace
- Intercooler (+ducting)
- Underbody reinforcement plate & belly pan
- Wheel well liner

The main radiator might have to be removed too (it's blocking access to one of the bolts) but I am hoping that just unbolting it and moving it slightly will do.

All in all, I cannot say that I recommend going through all of this if you just want to fix this, I am going to do it because I have ordered the part and I already took everything apart, but I am going to try making a custom bracket to reinforce this and prevent both sides from breaking again, but this could potentially be used as a replacement bracket -- it might be a more practical/economical solution for you.

Holy crap that looks like a big job. I took your advice and did not go down this path. Take a look at my recent reply, I forgot to quote you or tag you in it. Sorry.
Appreciate 0