View Single Post
      07-21-2023, 04:44 PM   #17
7tune
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 OG M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFatMiata View Post
Welcome 7tune you got an insane deal on that car. I've got roughly the same mileage on my car and with what I know now I'd suggest this:

1.) Water pump replacement, coolant flange, thermostat replacement, coolant flush (Saves on labor getting all done at the same time. If you get this done at Studie I'm sure they can source an aluminum coolant flange (also may be referred to as a "Mickey Mouse flange")).

2.) Battery replacement and code (can do this yourself as f87source suggested)

3.) Coolant Expansion tank return hose (actually failed on mine), cheap part and is super easy to replace. Example here:

4.) Pads & Rotors on all 4 and brake fluid flush

5.) Serpentine Belt, Idler, Tensioner

6.) Spark plugs & Coils (easy enough to do yourself, OEM bosch plugs and either Delphi, Eldor, or Dinan whatever is cheapest)

7.) DCT Oil, Pan, 2 filters

8.) Diff Oil

9.) Chargepipe

This is what I'd probably do more or less in this order. With the codes and no history of the water pump replacement I'd prioritize #1. These cars have electric water pumps and don't really have any symptoms prior to failure. The rest of what you've listed, unless you see symptoms of failure (like a leaking OFHG for example) I personally would not address.

If you're not mechanically inclined or have the space to work on your car I'd recommend you find an independent BMW focused shop. Congratulations on the car these are very stout and once you've set a nice baseline of recent maintenance items you should be good to go.
I couldn't agree with you more and that is basically an exact order on which I will be tackling it. I appreciate the notice on the expansion tank hose - I've added that to the list.

I think a golden rule with a BMW is, "If it ain't leaking, don't touch it.. unless it's plastic."
Appreciate 0