View Single Post
      06-02-2023, 10:23 PM   #5
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

The blue brakes aren't the best if you have a little pace. Even though the OG is the lightest of the F87 they are still fairly heavy - can definitely outrun the oem. If keeping traction control on for a bit definitely keep an eye on the brakes too if tripping the dsc frequently. Sounds like y'all have tracked a good amount so you already know good pads and fluid. But even with that the blues still leave something to be desired especially as you work up the grip level.

The OG is a fun car on the track - despite it's weight it handles very well. Very nimble and capable of being fairly well balanced. The rear does like to step out a bit in the high speed stuff - a little bit of wing can help settle that down the line. With pace the suspension does start to hold the car back though and this is where dollar for dollar I feel the best money goes on this platform. The biggest mechanical weakness of the OG on the track is in cooling - keep an eye on temps (nice to be able to go back through the data for a run). IATs in particular can jump somewhat quickly and pull timing. This can all be compounded if you decide to add power - just something to keep in mind.

I have spent much more time the last couple of years in comps & the other S55 variants than OGs. Installed one of our suspension setups in a customer's OG earlier this week and the test drive / shakedown reminded me just how enjoyable the OG is to drive.
Appreciate 2
jefe2000786.50