05-02-2023, 07:51 PM   #3
Gizmo 335i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C BSM, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by baege View Post
So I went from a 981S to an M2C (with a m240i in between) and now am back in a GTS 4.0

I would say 981S > M2 as a pure fun road car, just more of a sports car, more of an event to drive

naturally aspirated flat six trumps N55 in sound, throttle response and feel, M2 is quicker though and torquier
manual in 981S is better
handling I never had OG m2 but M2C handling is pretty fun, probably more fun around town than 981S, but both cars are enjoyable on the curves
interior in porsche feels and looks better

981S just gets at your soul in a way the M2 doesn't

happy to answer any specific questions
Baege...I'm not the OP but I am curious about a couple of things. I own an M2C and have driven a few Caymans here and there but never back-to-back with my M2C...and it's been some time. I find the F87, like most BMWs, to have great all-around visibility due to the seat height and BMW's greenhouse design philosophy. How's the 981 to live with long-term when driving in normal traffic on normal roads? Big or normal blind spots?

Also, can you compare the road noise? My F87 has a lot of tire/road roar. I recall the Cayman being loud too but as above, I've never driven them back-to-back. What say you?
Appreciate 0