03-01-2023, 11:36 AM   #1175
ksa
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Aston Martin Vantage & others

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
No bike at present so no pics but I'm very impressed with the new Triumph 660 Trident I saw in a Vauxhall showroom. Triple cylinder 4 stroke water cooled, triple discs with upside down front forks and mono shock rear,3 into one exhaust with under bike exit, comfortable well padded seat in the traditional riding position and a LED single binnacle instrument pod for a tempting price. Anyone got one?

Right before I got my Ducati Monster I actually went and looked at the Trident. Couple of things steered me away from it. First was availability, or lack there of. Wasn't available immediately. But more importantly it felt too small for my statue to me personally. The sales guy said it looked fine but he's got to right? lol. I am 6.1 and 220lbs on the muscular side and I thought I looked funny sitting on it.

It's a great bike and great price point for a brand new Triumph but just wasn't right for me. I would have felt self conscious whereas I don't on the Ducati. I would love to have a Scrambler or even more so a BMW R-Nine T and my first choice the new Harley Sportster and while I can go and get either of them whenever, I just can't justify it based on the lack of use the one I have gets to begin with.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick61854.00