View Single Post
      01-12-2023, 08:44 AM   #12
MR RIZK
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW M2C

chris719 I have a MT with a stiff ride setup. On poor roads at slow'ish speeds there are instances with the bumpiness of the road surface it will cause my foot to tap the accelerator pedal and subsequently the car will start bucking. Bit like when you start learning to drive a MT.

By decreasing the sensitivity it has helped in removing about 80% of the issue at slow speeds. The issue with the sensitivity setting is that it delays the time to throttle target for the whole curve. In simplistic terms think of a throttle curve which is static, reducing the sensitivity increases the time it takes to reach the target at a given point. The more the sensitivity is reduced the longer it will take to hit target. Too high of a value and the car becomes sluggish. Obviously it is far more complex than this and beyond my capabilities in understanding the calibrations available in the mapping tables.

As the sensitivity setting affects the whole curve. I just want some mechanism to help with the slow vehicle speed high speed pedal inputs.

Not sure if the above makes sense. The throttle sensitivity setting was tested by someone on this forum a while back and its affects.