View Single Post
      01-08-2023, 07:55 AM   #33
captain slowly
I like turtles!
Rep
Drives: '21 M2C 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdizzle View Post
yes the M2 is a 2-series, in the same way his RS3 is a golf.

and that fwd biased haldex is so bad that audi engineers had to make the front tires wider than the rear, rather than put a proper awd system in.
So much bullshit in one post, lol.
I owned a 2018 RS3 along with my M2C until a few months ago, when I sold the RS3. The reason the front wheels a half an inch wider in the front is, Audi Sport felt the car would rotate easier going around corners. Nothing to do with the haldex AWD, which, by the way, was excellent at being AWD. With my draggy, it would consistently do a 0-60 between 3.10-3.2 sec, so I don't know what you think is so bad about it. With a APR stage 2 software, the DQ500 felt much better than the DCT in my old F80 M3C (and why I bought a manual in my M2C). As most of you know, the RS3 is a rocket. Feels like a true turbo motor, with some lag and the rubber band feeling, which I happen to like but is completely different than the S55, where they intentionally tried to make the engine feel NA. Suspension is where the RS3 fell short, and part of the reason (aside from the stupid offer I got on the car when the whole shortage thing happened) the car was sold, but truth be told, in a way, I do miss it, and the suspension could've been fixed but anyway... The M2 is a 2 series, and the RS3 is MQB, so, a 5 cylinder Jetta. The best way I can describe the RS3 is, its an Evo that went to finishing school.
Appreciate 1