View Single Post
      12-08-2022, 05:27 PM   #121
Rets098
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
PROJECT 223 - '19 M2C

Classic story of boy meets BMW, boy falls in love with BMW, boy opens motorsport shop so he and his friends can build fast BMW. Always been a car guy but didn't first get on the track until about three years ago - and it sort of spiraled out of control from there to say the least . Long story short we are now actively racing an E92 M3, building another one (more faster please), turning an OG M2 into a dedicated track monster, and also have a couple of other fun projects in the works. What was missing though was a street/track hybrid - a car I can drive to the track, put down some fast laps, and then comfortably drive home. Since we already have the S65 covered and an N55 on the way an S55 build made the most sense. And since I missed driving my OG M2 on the street an M2C build was the obvious choice.

Why call it Project 223? Overlooking the obvious of me just being a huge nerd there is a reason for 223. My home track is the Circuit of the Americas in Austin, TX (awesome track for anyone that hasn't been there). COTA can provide a good point of reference for comparison to others due to the wide range of cars & drivers that track there. In my experience sub 2:30 laps times in a street car out there is very quick. Low 2:2x's in a street car is just downright fast. Project [...]
This good to learn
Appreciate 1
OG Shark4770.00